Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

WANTED

I think every girl in her life has her vision of what that “perfect man” is like.
Not going to lie, I’ve dated quite a few guys. Those relationships didn’t work out for various reasons, but also because he didn’t measure up to what my view of this perfect guy is.
            I don’t want a guy to change to meet my standards though. If he’s not himself then he’s going to be too wishy-washy and a pushover in a relationship.
            So I decided to comprise a list of what I’m looking for. If you know a man like this send him my way!
           

            I want a country boy.
Why? For multiple reasons. First, because he’s not going to spend hours like a preppy frat boy getting ready to go out. A man who spends longer than me getting ready I have no interest in. Maybe I’m being stereotypical saying a country boy, but they are some of the hardest workers. My dream guy isn’t lazy. Sure, every now and then everyone needs a lazy day, but I want someone who busts his ass and doesn’t quit until the job is done. Country boys also have small town morals. They’ll drop whatever they’re doing to help their friends or even complete strangers. And obviously I want a guy who respects my love of horses and acknowledges that he may play second to them sometimes.

But moving on:
I need to be able to have deep conversations with him and be able to talk about things like feelings. But then turn around a few minutes later joking and teasing each other. On that note, a guy who makes me laugh is a must.
This man must realize that even after he “has me” and I’m his girl, he should never stop trying to show me how much I mean to him.
Here’s a secret: there is nothing I love more than surprises. It doesn’t have to be anything over the top. Even just leaving a note for me to have a great day goes a long way.
I’m a simple girl. I don’t need to “go out” all the time. I’m a cheap date I swear. Take me mudding, fishing, four wheeling or snowmobiling, or to a field so we can star watch, all I want is just to spend quality time with him.  
Also make plans every once in awhile instead of leaving it up to me.
The little things, like waking up to cute text messages every so often, cuddling, forehead kisses, taking pictures with me, and playing with my hair all go a long way.
Be goofy. Sing with me. He doesn’t have to be George Strait, but when we’re driving around I need someone to be Johnny to my June.

Some major things:
He must realize it’s not all about him. He can’t be egotistical, arrogant, and think the earth revolves around him because it sure as shit doesn’t.
            He has to treat his momma right. I was always told that the way a man treats his mom is how he’ll treat his future wife. If his mom doesn’t mean something to him I can tell you real quick how the relationship will go….
I’m looking for a gentleman. I like to believe that chivalry still isn’t dead. A guy who walks on the outside of the street and opens the door is a keeper. I also am not going to play second to his cell phone. If we’re together and he spends more time on his phone than he does talking to me, I see where we stand and how important I must be in his life.
He must respect me. I’ve let myself be disrespected and treated bad enough times to realize I’m better than that and deserve more.
He has to be honest and faithful. I think this goes without saying but some guys still struggle with this concept.
            Listen to me. I don’t like to share my feelings, but I guarantee if I’m being deep and need a heart to heart it’s something important.
            He needs to encourage me and show me he cares. Be my number one fan in everything I do and make sure I know I always have a cheerleader supporting me.
            This perfect guy needs to accept my family, appetite, uncontrollable laughter, random outbursts, friends, dreams, and me.

           
            I want a best friend, not just a companion. He doesn’t need to be perfect, just perfect for me.
            He’ll need to accept my past, realize I’m flawed, acknowledge I’ve made mistakes, and recognize I have weaknesses.
            I’m waiting for the man who would do anything just to be my everything.

            Maybe my standards are too high? And maybe I have too much criteria. But I have high standards because a man who truly wants to be in my life will rise up and meet those standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment