Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Month of Thanks

Thankful.
            Wow, where to even begin?
            I think because many of my facebook friends expressed what they’re thankful for each day since November 1st I’m going to catch up with them now.
            Here goes:

29. Smartphones
Kudos to those people who survived and still survive without them because I don’t know how you do it. In addition to being my primary form of communication, mine is my alarm clock, GPS, camera, MP3, and basically my computer.

28. GPS
I thought it was only appropriate to list this next since I referred to it above. Everyone who knows me though can be thankful for my GPS, Jasmine. I may yell and swear at her the majority of our time spent together, but without her I would never successfully get anywhere because I don’t know how to read a map.

27. Sweet Tea
I’m not a coffee person so my caffeine kick is in my sweet tea addiction. It gets me through the days and helps keep me going strong.

26. Color
Without it the world would be so boring in just black and white.

25. Ex-boyfriends
Yes you did read that correctly, ex-boyfriends. They’ve taught me a lot about myself as well as relationships and what I’m looking for in one. Without them there are a lot of life lessons I would’ve missed out on so I’m thankful for the time spent with each.

24. Sight
Mine may be terrible (insert comments about my bullet-proof thick glasses here), but I couldn’t imagine not being able to see.

23. My Job
Being a sports writer is truly a dream job. I get paid to watch sports and write about them, my two favorite things. I’ve met so many incredible people while working and have made a lot of friends along the way too.

22. Sheetz
Shout out to my fellow Pennsylvanians! You don’t realize how often you go there until you live in a state where no one has ever even heard of it and the closest Sheetz is 130 miles away. (So pretty much if anyone ever wants to send me mac and cheese bites feel free to).

21. Internet
In particular I’m thankful for Google and Wikipedia. Without the internet I probably wouldn’t be where I am today because I Google literally everything.

20. Education
I’m thankful that I’ve had the opportunity to attend a wonderful institution such as Syracuse University. I’m also thankful that I’ve met a ton of great people and learned lessons both in and out of the classroom.

19. Inspiration/Motivation
Those who know me can verify that the only time I ever cry is during inspiring speeches and movies. Inspiration and motivation go hand-in-hand and I’m so thankful for both because without them I’d be lazy, fat, not in college, and watching Netflix in my parent’s basement for the rest of my life.

18. Random Acts of Kindness
I try to do at least one random act of kindness each day and when someone does something or says a random compliment to me it just makes my day. A simple act can go a long way, don’t forget that.

17. Enemies
Another strange thing to be thankful for, but my enemies and the people I know don’t like me have only pushed me to make myself a better person. You make me stronger and strive to be my absolute best. Just remember though, jealousy isn’t befitting on anyone ;)

16. Football
It is life. That is all.

15. Memories
I know you’re not supposed to live in the past, but I look back on life often and count my blessings in the people I’ve met, places I’ve gone, and things I’ve done.

14. Mistakes
Making mistakes is the only way to learn in life. It’s the hard way, but the only way you can learn a lesson and for that I’m thankful for every mistake I’ve ever made because it’s shaped me into who I am today.

13. The Comfort of Home
College makes you appreciate just how big your bed is, the endless amounts of food, always available and showering without flip-flops. Need I say more?

12. Nature
Going to college in a city has made me appreciate and be thankful for the outdoors and nature. It is so peaceful spending time in the woods, away from everyone and without cellphone service. It’s an escape from today’s go, go, go, crazy world.

11. Food
I think this one is self-explanatory, but it felt wrong not to include food since today is Thanksgiving.

10. Health
I’m blessed that I have no health conditions that prevent me from doing anything. I’m a healthy, strong 19-year-old girl and for that I’m eternally grateful.

9. Country Music
Driving down back roads with the windows down and music up – there is just no better feeling. Country music can be happy, sad, joyful, angry, and just about every other emotion possible. My radio dial doesn’t stray from the country station and although I’m a terrible singer I usually belt out the words to every song I hear.

8. My Hometown
Nothing like leaving home to make you appreciate what you have. The people I’ve known my entire life are incredible. If you ever need anything in our little town you can call whoever and they would be willing to help. You can’t find many people like that outside of Brockway.

7. America
This country is one of freedom and opportunity. I couldn’t imagine being raised anywhere else.

6. Being Me
I’m thankful for my individuality. I’m the only Francesca Celeste Varischetti in this world and I’m not afraid to stray off the path. Ralph Waldo Emerson’s quote, “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail,” has been hanging next to my bed since I was seven years old. I live life my own way and embrace my uniqueness.

5. Horses
God’s gift to mankind. Horses have taught me not only discipline and hard-work through showing and taking care of them, but they’ve also been an emotional outlet growing up. It didn’t matter what time of day it was, my horse was always there for me to throw my arms around and cry into her mane. I’m also thankful for my barn and show family. Spending tons of time with people helps establish the strangest friendships but I love my show family and don’t know what I’d do without them.

4. Military 
Without those who’ve served in the United States military I wouldn’t have the life I do today. I thank you for your service and I’m thankful you’ve done all that you have.

3. Friends
The people who see you at your best, your worst, know all your secrets, are always there as a pillar of support, and would do anything for you. I’m grateful for my real friends who I know I can call at anytime and they’re always there. 

2. Family
My big, loud, crazy, obnoxious family that I have absolutely no clue what I’d do without. I love each and every one of you no matter how often we fight or the distance that separates us. You’ve been there for me my entire life (whether you wanted to or not) and all of you are awesome in your own way. I talk about you a lot at college because all my friends know who you are. I don’t know what I’d do without you guys. Love you!

1. Today
I’m thankful I woke up this morning. I’m thankful I was given a new day, another shot at life. I’m simply thankful for being alive. It doesn’t get much better than that.





No comments:

Post a Comment