Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Pucker Up


For those of you choosing to mourn in self-pity this Valentine’s Day, I’ll give you something to watch and hate your single life a bit more.

I honestly can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched this video so I just needed to share.
            I had never seen it before and one of my friends showed it to me late one night, and I don’t think I’ve been the same since?


            Every girl deserves a moment like this in her life. Yeah, maybe this is a little too rehearsed, maybe even a little too perfect, but all girls deserve a guy to give her that little smile and kiss her like there is no tomorrow.  


            There are websites, books, blogs, tutorials, and instruction manuals on how to kiss, improve your kissing, and make sure you’re the best kisser around. Philematology, which is the science of kissing, is the study of the biological factors that are involved with kissing. (http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/13/kissing.science/)

Kissing can reduce anxiety and produce peace in the body, and I believe that. There is nothing like melting into a good kiss and not wanting it to end. A lot of the stuff above seems a little too much though, but count on humans today to take something as simple as a smooch to the extreme.


The guys I live with just don’t understand why I’ve watched this video on repeat. I think it’s out of jealousness and longing? The want to have a guy beckon me and hold me like that while he kisses me.

Please, tell me what’s better than that heart-skip-a-beat feeling and butterflies in your stomach when you’re leaning in to kiss someone. It’s honestly something that can’t be matched.


            I can only hope that at least once in my life a guy will give me a knowing smile, signal for me to come closer and kiss me like Ryan does to Rachel.

Maybe I am a hopeless romantic after all?


            

No comments:

Post a Comment