Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Falling in Love


My family likes to remind me often that I’m single. I’m used to it by now and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. There is nothing wrong with being single, especially when you’re waiting for that special someone to meet your standards.

            I’m a complicated female, and like I often say, I’m not your typical girl. My favorite accessory is my old baseball cap, but if I have a reason to, I don’t mind putting makeup on and doing my hair every now and then. 
Even my uncle pointed out a few weeks ago when I was wearing a dress that I look more comfortable in jeans and boots. He said I even look prettier in barn clothes because it’s the natural me.

But something I share with other girls is the fairytale dream of falling in love and living a happily ever after. I’m still looking for the right man to open my heart to and fall in love with. I’m optimistically saying I know he’s out there too.
If I’ve learned anything over the years, it’s that true love is rare and hard to come by.


I love when guys ask me a thousand meaningless questions just because they want to get to know me.
I’ll tell you that my favorite color is black (the shade that shines rainbow), and I despise coffee in all forms (even iced with lots of cream and sugar). I know you can pick my laugh out in a crowd but I love to laugh. If you can always have me smiling, that’s when I’m happiest.
Sometimes I just want to be held, but other times I don’t want to cuddle because I want my space. When you fall in love with me, you’ll figure out the difference. Kiss me in public, that’s okay, but be warned, I can’t stand PDA. I’m not a trophy girlfriend. I don’t play that game. I’m not yours to make exes or your friends jealous, I’m going to be yours because I care for you and if you love me you’ll feel the same.
I’m terrified to fall in love. Show me why being afraid is such a mistake. Don’t hurt me. If you love me you won’t. Love isn’t about getting even or getting revenge. It isn’t about always owing your partner something; it’s about making that person your world and treating them like they’re a priority in your life.
Everyone has flaws. If a person truly loves you though, they’ll see past those flaws. I hope a guy will fall in love with my sarcastic sense of humor, my bruised and scarred legs, my terrible eyesight, and my unpredictable moods.
Maybe my heart is holding out for love because I’m truly waiting to find the right man worth giving it to – the one I want to wake up next to and fall asleep dreaming about.

I also am a girl in the sense that I am a bit of a romantic. I like goodnight and good morning texts or out of the blue calls to know that I’m on your mind. Prove to me I’m important to you. Don’t ask me how you should prove it because that’s half the challenge in figuring it out on your own. I want to know I’m cared for and mean something to you and I’m not wasting my time if you’re not serious. I’m not looking for someone perfect, but I’m looking for someone who will have serious conversations with me and be silly two minutes later. 

What I have to wonder though is how long I have to wait? Because I’m not the type of girl to sit around waiting forever. I get scared waiting because too many times before, waiting meant that you had a better option and I was going to be kept at bay. If you love me, you won’t give another man a chance to make me happy because you’ll be fighting for me.



Every girl deserves a guy who can make her forget her heart was ever broken. I know I can’t promise a man a perfect relationship, because I’d be lying and I hate to break my promises. But I do promise that as long as he gives it his all, so will I.

5 comments:

  1. I think you definitely have the right perspective! It's not worth it to spend your time with a guy that's not right for you.
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how we should all think and allow other girls to think. There's nothing wrong in loving dress up and makeup and all; same way nothing wrong with not liking all that. Or liking all or none. People should be allowed to make their choices without all this constant judgement. Great post!
    —DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! My mom use to tell me to be this or be that... because that's what my future husband would want. Or that's what guys were looking for. I said screw that and was just myself... my husband doesn't seem to mind! Love isn't perfect but you'll find the person whose made for YOU! It just sucks waiting.

    ReplyDelete