Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Partners In Crime Forever


I never knew what it was like to grow up with a sister. Someone you could share clothes with and talk about boys all the time. Another girl under the same roof going through the same things you were and one who could understand your troubles. I never got to experience any of this because God gave me two little brothers who I love to death, but it just isn’t the same. Instead, I was blessed with something that much better, an unbiological sister, my best friend Juli.

            I may have moved far away and we’ve always gone to different schools and occasionally we lose touch for a small chunk of time, but as soon as we’re together again, we’re as weird and dysfunctional as ever before.

            When we have plans I count down the hours until we get to hang out. And when anything goes wrong or I’m having a bad day, she is the first person I want to call or text.

            All of my best memories involve Jul being right beside me and we have enough inside jokes that I can hardly keep track. Half of our conversations start with “remember that one time….?” Followed by something so stupid it takes us forever to actually say it because we’re laughing so hard as we’re talking.

            I’m so grateful to have my “boo thang” in my life. One of the scariest thoughts is trying to picture what life would’ve been like if I never would’ve met her.

            My parents and brothers consider her part of the family and I know I’m her mom’s third daughter which is why it’s not uncommon for Wendy to text me more than she texts Juli.
           

Jul, I just want to say thank you for always having faith in me, especially when I don’t have faith in myself. You’ve helped me face my fears and you’ve always supported my dreams, no matter how crazy.

Thank you for the laughs, the smiles, the memories, the gifts, even the tears in both good ways and bad.

            Wherever you go just know I’ll have your back, regardless of if I really want to or not because that’s what best friends are for. I’m here for you every step of the way and through everything you face in life. You deserve the world so never settle for anything less than the best.

            I don’t think my parents pay you enough for being my therapist and always there to listen to me bitch and cry.

            You’re an incredible person and I know I couldn’t live without you. We’re too good of friends to ever stay mad at each other for long.

            I can’t really find words to express just how much you mean to me. We’ve gone through so much together and there is so much yet to come. I wouldn’t trade a single moment we’ve shared for anything in the world.


            You’ll always be the fruit to my loop, ice to my cream, peanut to my butter, star to my burst, pop to my tart, and dippin to my dots. But more than any of that you’re the best to my friend. I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment